Saturday, November 13, 2010

The world's a buzzin!

It just feels that way to me. Must be the happy pills....hmmm.

So, on my mind: Stuff I forgot to write about yesterday in the looooong post...twitter (yes, again), music I'm listening to, books I'm reading, shit i'm thinking...I guess that comes through anyhow.

I do have a life outside of the Fluevog obsession. It might not extend past that and Twitter though.

One of the things that I have been seeing, which after the initial surprise, I thought, enh..of course. I got two twitter streams going on...one that monitors Haiti and one that monitors Pakistan. Haiti twitter feed: all about cholera and the earthquake reconstruction. Pakistan twitter feed: floo...oh wait, no, it's not about floods that are STILL WREAKING HAVOC in parts of the country...it's about cricket. And bombs and a Christian woman being persecuted there. No good news since when does Pakistan ever have good news coming out of it, but the most flood related things I have seen: outrage at a flood tax (only the rich tweet from Pakistan), and donating goats for Eid. Unbelievable. Every once in a while, an aid agency tweet will find itself in the feed saying something about affected people.

That Pakistan post is coming...real soon. In fact, I wrote something (ok, scribbled) in my notebook while there...I should just transcribe and put it up here.

That was the most important thing on my mind this morning, as it turns out. I think it just makes me mad at Pakistanis so now I have lost the will to write anything else. Ewww.

Don't you worry...I'll be back. You know I will. Haven't yet met the thing that can stop my yappin...

No comments: