Friday, November 12, 2010

The great Fluevog Escape plan

OK then....as I already mentioned, I have a Fluevog Obsession....Obsession with a capital O. Obsession to the degree I have with television and therefore I don't own one or turn it on if I am in one with a room by myself. It turns me into a one eyed zombie and I am incapable of conversation or picking up the remote control and turning it off. So, I don't have a television set and will not turn it on of my own volition. I do not have the Fluevog website open since all I will do is drool at the shoes on there.

I mentioned before that I would have to win the lottery in order to go and buy these shoes but I have an even better plan....

Russell Crowe (yes, that Russell Crowe), tweeted (yes, I know, I am admitting in public that I follow his tweets...and I can't recall how I even started doing it, I just know that he pops up every once in a while...and I like Gladiator...I thought it was a great film. I'm trying to recall if I saw Robin Hood...I did want to...I think I did...bleary eyed on a 14 hour long haul to South Korea...but it wasn't like Robin Hood as I know it...and Maid Marion wasn't a maid...she was like a widow (but Cate Blanchett who I adore)...and there was no big John...there was a Friar Tuck and there was a forest, I think and people did end up there living in tree houses at the end, dancing but there was a whole angle of like..revolution or something? And Robin Hood was actually a child of a revolutionary and had 'good' blood in him? The movie is starting to unfold in my head like a Dances with Wolves (skirting around Robin Hood, the cartoon and Kevin Costner versions) meets Gladiator and any other medieval type film with a hot white guy in it fighting for justice (Braveheart, that other movie with Liam Nieson, Sword in the Stone (cartoon version only) and Last of the Mohicans....Mohican which the Brits think means mohawk, the hairstyle....what do they call a fauxhawk then? Fauxheecan? Your man, David Beckham had one...I wonder what he called it)...

Anyhow, so he tweeted about his new movie...called The Next Three Days (it's directed by Paul Haggis. He made Crash. I really liked Crash...so I'm guessing I will like this one...even if I already know the whole entire story. I think it's going to be one of those movies where it's the journey not the end result...which actually, is still a mystery to me...I don't know how it ends). Anyhow...So...the movie. One of the publicity thingies is this grand prize you can win etc. You can choose from 8 different locations to go have a vacation. One of those places is NYC. And you can stay at the blah blah and do the blah blah tour and blah blah restaurant and you get 2 grand spending money. AHA!!

So, the plan, is really very very simple. Win the grand prize, choose the NYC destination, get the prize money bit of it and go BUY MY FLUEVOGS!

So simple. So genius. Easier, I would think, than winning the lottery. Less people probably entering to win this giveaway grand prize thingie than those buying lotto tickets so my odds are better, no?

I do currently own shoes that cost more than Fluevogs do. I have a job and make money too. But, THAT IS MISSING THE POINT: I want my impulsive, indulgent shopping to be funded by free cash money and not by the cash I am currently not earning since I am writing a blog instead of actually working as I should be. (Employer: It only took me 15 minutes to write this...stop being a slave driver).

I need to write out my plan, ala Mr Crowe in his new movie (he has three days to spring his wife from jail...go see the trailer, don't ask me), and figure out how to make this work. Lottery plans or Grand NYC prize. Two columns...many rows...what will she do?

Must get post its. Lots of them. Different colours and sizes. I love post it notes. I in fact, travel with them to every mission I go to...yep...that's the kind of dork I am. I am waiting for someone to create the inflatable whiteboard....that would SO make my life. Maybe when I win the lottery, I can dedicate my time to making one.

Boring.

2 comments:

F. Zehra Rizvi said...

omg - i love this post.
love appie

F. Zehra Rizvi said...

omg - i love this post.
love appie