Thursday, September 03, 2009

Itching to blog!

So, I have been wanting to blog. I keep going and seeing my cluster map and it tells me about visits in each 24 hour period and it's cool when I post, that I do get traffic (not because I am trying to be popular but I do find it fascinating to connect to people in this way...RANDOMLY).

Speaking of connecting to people....I made a new friend! Through my blog!! Again!!! You know who you are, new friend. I use the term loosely. A fellow resident in Kampala came and left a comment on my blog...confirming my worst fears about jiggers (they do exist...they are actually called mango flies...I had my facts wrong-Micky did, to be fair and I do believe him...most of the time) and they do lay eggs in your body. Thanks new friend!

Here's the thing: If I see this expat mom in the grocery store...I will have no idea, but she will know it's me and Micky since there are photos of us up. I have over thought this, but still, it's fun and I'm bored in Kampala. I went to the 24 hour Nakumatt the other day and was like, OMG, it could be her, or her or her...and then I realized that was lame and I should be more nonchalant about it...y'know...play it cool and shit. Not be walking around the Nakumatt (with the carts they have to entertain little kids but they fit me and my arm span better...I'm not super short...I do have super long arms though)...where was I? Oh, right, the Nakumatt...right, so I should not be walking around there at 10 pm on a school night gawking at every white woman who passes me by (the only thing I know about my new reader is that she's an expat mom (guessing white) who grocery shops but can't be arsed to go to the post office...ahem).

I have totally over thought the situation but it is awesome to get comments from people and have that connection.

I asked her not to stalk us and now she's definitely not going to. I am not a weirdo, I promise...not like a major one at least. Someone, a chartered accountant in fact, which is a good profession, married me, so I can't be totally insane...though I bet a chartered accountant could be totally creepy when not at work...mine isn't and he doesn't do the whole CPA thing anymore anyways.

On another note, I read a book on tweeting by Tee Morris. Called All a Twitter. I'm not a total newbie at it and I learnt some good stuff. Yay for that. I want to write about it but I want to do it first on the desicritics website since they won't publish previously published stuff. So any reviews etc, I am going to write up there first and then post here after...annoying but I can understand. I have no pretensions of turning into a social media anything...well, a practitioner..a user. I just wanted to know if I was using it right and getting the most out of it. There were things I didn't get when I saw them posted, but now I get it! And can't wait for #followfriday!

There is a post about facebook and twitter that need to happen. Everyone writes about it now. I mean, they have been, but all of a sudden, when there is no news (no news of strategic interest to America), they come out with a FB or twitter article. Each contradicting the other.

I might just write the post, so I should stop. My hand hurts anyhow from writing too many thank you cards and playing computer games. Still have not finished writing the damn cards.

I wanted to blog, and I did. Well done me.

4 comments:

temporal said...

congrats and duas for both of you:)

desicritics looking forward

lve

Yusuf Kirmani said...

I don't know you and how I reached at your blog, it's mystery. Your name suggest that you should be from India or Pakistan? Anyway, If you can read Hindi, welcome at my blog http://hindivani.blogspot.com and if you can read only English you can visit my other blog http://shianetwrk.blogspot.com

I also saw your marriage photo. Bahut-bahut MUBRAK and congratulations.

Tazeen said...

and you got a brand new visitor ... keep writing, you do it effortlessly

F. Zehra Rizvi said...

T: THANKS!
Yusuf: Yes, interesting link, thanks for sharing. No tjust my name, but my photos, the way I got married and all my writing points to the fact that I am of south asian origin :)
Tazeen: WOOHOO!! I love meeting new peole through my blog...it's the best! Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot!