Monday, August 06, 2007

Why aren't you blogging!?!?

Stop your yappin’ people, this blog’s for you!

Week one over and man, this is so awesome. I do love it, I do I do I do. Was so nervous that the love that I felt before was just a one time thing but this is real. I do feel alive when doing this kind of work.

Before I go any further, the aspect of my blog that most fascinates me needs to be pointed out and commented upon, the cluster map. Lots of new hits from new countries and either someone really loves me and is flying around the world and logging on to my blog or for some random reason, there is a word in my blog that is making people find me somehow. Some Russian hits, some Canadian ones and finally, a South America hit. Very exciting. Some more out in the East Asian island region and god knows who is reading me in the central west of America but you do really like reading, thanks. I should know what state that is, but I don’t. I don’t know America that well. My bad.

So, work. Week two has started and I am taking my time and getting to know the programs. I have four people that I am directly responsible for, and all of them are great and wonderful and I have about 6 villages right now in which we have integrated programming that I am responsible for as well. Lots of little bits and bobs that are all supposed to fit and work with each other and I am finally getting my head around what those bits and bobs are. Real field visits tomorrow to two of the aforementioned villages and community meetings, which I LOVE, planned in both villages. I get to see my Field Officers and Senior Field Officer in action and finally can get planning done where I can visual what we are talking about. Or at least I hope I can.

Sri Lanka is still in the news but the areas in which I am working are for the most part calm. Ampara is as always, an interesting place to work since we have our own unique set of problems that sometimes connect to the nation wide stuff and at times are just our very own. One big difference I have noticed that I have yet to see commentary on is the amount of madressa type people walking around. Young men with big beards and the whole white turban and white starched clothes. It is a very specific uniform and I do not recall seeing it in the same way last time I was here. Interesting.

Please if someone has any guidelines on how we can blog as aid workers who are not anonymous, please pass them on to me. I still have no idea what I can say and what I cannot say. It’s really annoying since I am censoring myself perhaps more than I should. Or have to.

I am sitting right now on a desk at home, my boss a few feet away with our puppies at his feet. As soon as I get a camera (don’t hold your breath, it won’t be for another 3 months when I go home) and it is a sweet scene. I do want to show pictures of these puppies to everyone and of the house in which I live. I will. I might just borrow Mick’s (my boss) camera, that is, if he has one. I should ask. Anyhow, one way or another, photos coming soon.

I have a fish pond inside my house. And appalling lighting.

OK, that’s it for now. Not lots of information, I know, but it’s the best I can muster right now. At least I wrote.

Big love.

1 comment:

Saks said...

yappity yap don't talk back! hehehehe