Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Thanksgiving






This is So overdue. I have meant to put up some of these thanksgiving photos forever and have been very bad at it, much to the latent chagrin of my sisters. Photos are in random order since I cannot really bother to fix them. I am glad I have this blog since at the end of the SL trip, my computer crashed three times (count it, THREE, all in the last three weeks no less!) and many of the earlier photos are the only ones I have from the trip. Unless we count the millions of photos I have of the fishing distribution I did. But that's work.

So, thanksgiving. It was lovely. 12 people around the table. New people. Last year, I was in SL and found five wild turkeys (I feel as if I have written about this but not possible since I had not started my blog as of Nov of last year...). I didn't find the wild turkeys though I had spotted someone's pet turkey in Sept and kept it in mind. Niluka, our admin officer and Sunil Uncle, my driver went out and found them. They came back so excited, and dragged me to my car (one of those big obnoxious NGO cars) and were like, TADA! And there, in the back of my car with the ER kit and other such things, five LIVE turkeys, some scared shitless (yes, shitless), one very surly looking turkey and two that were in obvious denial they were in back of a car. I am still not sure if Niluka and Sunil Uncle thought I really needed them alive for some strange autumnal ritual but whatever, we all had a lovely feast in Ampara.

And yes, it was lovely in London as well. I am still getting to know the people here. All this takes time. I will in retrospect talk it up. But for now, enjoy the photos.

No comments: