Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bits n pieces



Great isn't it, that I have not written in AGES and now all of a sudden, three posts in a row. Some with photos even! I feel like I should say something about school.

It's great. I miss work like crazy. Just saw Clody (all you Amparites know who that is) and she has been evacuated from S. Sudan and it felt so fucking great to see her. I feel like I am in self imposed exile, which I suppose, yes I am. Or not, Was I going to get work without a Masters? Work that I wanted to do, not just work for the sake of work. I think I would wither away and die if I had to do work for the sake of work and not because it is something I love.

I can measure how I feel about something by if I get out of bed or not for it. Amazing how my bed is the great equalizer in my life. I got worried that I missed a class last week, I just could not be bothered to get out of bed for it. These are dangerous signs for someone like me. I have been there and will NOT go back there again. It really sucks. My insomnia is back but I can handle that...not getting out of bed though, that is scary.

My brain feels very full. I have two more classes this week and then a nice long break with many visitors and loved ones gathered under one roof. Yay, that is what I like.

I feel so productive since I went to the library today and returned books, got some for my sister and the fact that I feel like I have updated my blog. Small acheivable goals. Sometimes, even that bcomes diffuclt and then you really hate yourself. Oh shit, that reminds me...I was supposed to go and sign up for my exams. And I didn't. It's now 1630 so the office is closed.

Won't that be funny? That I fail out of school since I didn't go to an office, take a piece of paper from them, check to make sure I was signed up for the right courses in order to sit the exams in May? This is the UK for you, by the way. They need you to come to the office and say, yeah, that's me and my courses. Great, I can now take an exam. What the hell is email for!??!

When I first read the email that said, come to the office and do this, I thought I mis read it. And therefore ignored it. Are they REALLY going to let me NOT take the exam when I show up for it? I am assured over and over again, Z, they will not let you take it. GO AND SIGN UP TO SIT THE EXAMS!

It all just seems very silly to me, that's all.

I need to go and read about Uganda. I want to write my diss on it. Any further ideas from you lot would be great since I need to narrow it down. Haha.

Photo, that my sister took of me when she was visiting in Oct. I was asleep and she was jet lagged, therefore, she was not asleep and thought it would be lovely to harass me into awaking. Which worked.

Will write on a more regular basis. Or will try and be better about it.

No comments: