Friday, July 14, 2006

The time to write




I have it, I don't know why I don't write more often. I often start blogs and don't finish them (I am not advanced enough in my own organization to write it out in a word document first like some people...or perhaps most people).

So, some quick blurbs.

Still working in the Bronx and as a friend recently asked me, is that all black people? NO, it's not. It's multi colored people. Jesus. Still using that Spanish which is awesome. Very happy about that. I guess I shold have said Heysus.

Saw Goal Dreams, a movie about the Palestian National Football team trying to qualify for the World Cup. That is going to be part of a longer post. Check out the website in the meantime, www.goaldreams.com. It is a bad title for the film. I saw the theatrical premier in NYC, since it was at BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music. Check them out too, www.bam.org), one of the many cool things that I live near in Bklyn.

I took a quiz on AlertNet and got everything right. Since I am not out in the field, I read about everything obsessively now. I like that. I love reading. And on that note, FINALLY read Philip Gourevitch's book on Rwanda. That too needs to be another post since there is lots to talk about with that, which I know the whole world has already talked about, but I wasn't part of the initial conversation.

Photos above from the concert (free) that I just went to at the park where I learnt how to run and trained for the (half) marathon, right around the corner, the Fort Greene Park. That's my sis and me. We saw the tremendously fabulous Brazilian Girls and you HAVE to google them and listen to their songs. My three favorites are: Don't Stop, Pussy and me gusta cuando callas. The lyrics in the song pussy are: Pussy. pussy, pussy, marijuana. No joke, that is a line. Great songs. Great band. They are coming out with a second album soon. Exciting.

Good to see that Bill updated his blog. Ahem...Byron......?

I don't answer comments, but please rest assured, I read and LOVE them.

7 comments:

Emma said...

Z, your hair? I didn't know! i love it. it's awesome. except the guy behind you makes you look like you got a weird white visor cap on. =) you beautiful girl.

Emma

temporal said...

you can write
you should write:

check this out

is that uzi? pass my rgds

yeah yeah you don't reply:)

what are email addy's for?

Durga said...

Hey, Nice pics Z. The Hair band/tie/accessary looks good on ya.
:)

alka said...

What did your parents do to have such lovely daughters?

F. Zehra Rizvi said...

Alka, they had sex. How is the Big A in A?
Emma, I am having fun with it. I miss the long hair though, but it does grow back!
T, thanks for the tip.
D, I love that you are a regular reader and contributor.

F. Zehra Rizvi said...

Alka, they had sex. How is the Big A in A?
Emma, I am having fun with it. I miss the long hair though, but it does grow back!
T, thanks for the tip.
D, I love that you are a regular reader and contributor.

Byron&Emma said...

OH MY F\ING GOD!!! What happened to your hair Z!?!? Hejsus!! I'm not saying it's bad or anything.. just OH MY FRIGGING GOD shocking.. you know? Emma pulled out the scissors night before last and had a go at my hair... three snips was all it took. I reckon if you can get a haircut in three snips, you should get a discount. All my hair is the same length. It looks, well it looks.. uhm.. it kind of looks.. I'll be getting another hair cut soon. That's what it looks like.

Oh, and I have updated the blog. Apologies for being a slacker with a JOB! 8) [Yes yes, I do feel like a queen now I too work for the Red Cross]. Not that sort of queen bill.. a dairy queen that spurts milk. Completely innocent.