Wednesday, February 08, 2006

good ole ampara

I am feeling tons better now that I am back in Ampara. I hated Ampara the first couple of months I spent here. It took me some time to get used to it and be ok with it and man, it totally feels like home now. The last ten days in Colombo, a city I normally like to go and chill out in, were a nightmare. I was bed ridden for most of it, aching for all of it, depressed and lonely and pretending I wasn't for the rest of my waking and sleeping moments. I got really tired of being a brave, independent woman and wanted my mummy or appie to come and take care of me. Didn't happen. I got over it.

It's movie night tonight but it is raining outside and I did survive an eight hour car ride, so perhaps that is my excitement for the day.

I cannot tell you how good it felt to walk into the Ampara office and get to work immediately. Work has an adrenaline rush to it that is pretty incredible. I hope it stays for a while.

I cannot believe that big Brooklyn city girl is so happy and really in a giddy mood to be back in Ampara. As I was talking to Emma and By about it, it is not so much the place, the people, the group that I have over here that makes all the difference. Big shout out therefore, to the Ampara crew. You guys rock. And even though I have yet to see any of you, it makes me happy to know that we are all within in a 2 kilometer radius of each other and since we have no other forms of entertainment but ourselves, I will see you soon.

It hurts to cough and that is annoying. I keep stifling sneezes since I may pass out if I sneeze.

Will try to get more photos on this soon.

2 comments:

temporal said...

so you really hit the Pause Button albeit somewhat unwillingly?

get well!

rahs

Uzma said...

when you end up loving a place you hated, it means you've gone through the growing pains and now you've got roots there. congratulations on finding a new home. loveappie